This three bedroom container home has utilized its lot area to give a unique home environment which also adds colour to the area from its wooden cladding. On top of that its a green home in many ways that have been listed below. On waste removal from site they were able to contain all the rubbish within 10 contractor waste sacks in comparison to many other projects I have personally worked on that would literally need several skips on this size of building. Mainly not down to the construction company mind as the biggest problem I find in construction is the amount of pallets, packaging, wraps, boxes etc. that everything seems to come in.
Some of the green features:
- FilterPave driveway using 70-80 percent post-consumer recycled glass, 20-30 percent granite, and a polymer binder in a four inch layer.
- Built with three used shipping containers
- SIPs incorporated in roof and floors
- On-demand hot water heater
- Efficient Unico AC system
- An energy recovery ventilation system
- Bamboo flooring and low-VOC paints
- Use of fiberboard products
- Energy efficient appliances
- Dual-flush toilets and efficient plumbing/fixtures